Skip Bin Hire for Renovations
Renovating your home and need to hire a skip bin to take care of the rubbish and demolition waste? We can take both the stress and the rubbish away! Easy skip bin hire for renovations in the Ipswich area.
Use our fast online booking system to hire a skip bin from 2m³ to 10m³.
Whether you are renovating a kitchen by completely gutting the space and starting from scratch, or simply replacing the countertops and tiles, there is going to be a considerable amount of waste. You just cannot fill the household wheelie bin with demolition waste from your home improvement job.
For any large or small renovation and construction job, you are going to need a skip bin to hold the waste. If you are completing this task with the help of a builder, they should be able to define the size of skip you will need, and help you with the length of time you will need it for.
For renovations that you are taking care of yourself, the decisions will be yours. You will need to decide how much waste you think will be created by the demolition process. Then how much waste will result from the construction stage and over what time frame your renovation will be taking place.
As an example, for bathroom renovations, you could be disposing of old tiles, plumbing waste, broken water heaters, damp or rotting gyprock walls, bathroom countertops, cabinets, sinks, baths, toilets and shower screens. This can mount up to be quite a considerable amount of waste.
If you are landscaping too, read our article on skip bin hire for green waste.
Skip bins are the perfect solution for home renovation projects
The easiest and most convenient method of managing waste when renovating is to use a skip bin hire company. We can take care of the waste that is generated during:
- Kitchen renovations
- Bathroom renovations
- Laundry renovations
- Living and dining room renovations
- Home extensions, such as adding on decks, patios, additional rooms to your home
- Swimming pool constructions
- Carport constructions
- Landscaping renovations.
Concrete cannot go in 6m bin or larger. We can supply concrete only bins if required.
Skip Bin Hire for Your Home Renovation Waste
Using a skip bin for your renovation project means that you have somewhere to put the waste from the very moment you commence your project. So not only can you discard your trash directly into the skip, we come and dispose of the waste on your behalf. Letting you take care of the important decisions regarding the renovation, rather than having to deal with the rubbish removal yourself.
Dumping your own waste is time-consuming, costly and impractical. If your vehicle is ill-equipped, you would need to hire a trailer or larger vehicle. You would then need to find the time to take the rubbish to the appropriate waste facility and still pay for rubbish disposal charges.
Choosing to hire a skip bin is the most convenient and practical option.
So how do I choose a skip bin for my renovation project?
- Identify what type of waste materials you will need to put into the skip bin. Not all waste can be put into the skip, so you will need to know the items that will require a different disposal method so you can plan ahead. Hazardous items such as used or unused oil, car tyres, tree stumps, paint tins, combustibles or gases, asbestos and fibro cement sheeting cannot be disposed of using skip bins.
- Determine the correct size of skip for your needs. Check out the following details for an idea on the size you may need:
- 2m³ to 3m³ skip bins are comparable to two to three trailer loads. Some call them mini-skips, but they are large enough for projects where you are renovating a single room.
- 4m³ to 6m³ skip bins are comparable to four to six trailer loads. These are typically used when renovating multiple rooms in your house.
- 8m³ to 12m³ skip bins are equivalent to eight to twelve trailer loads and are used for larger, more extensive renovation projects.
- Skip Bin placement is an important consideration – and something that you will need to tell us about when you book your skip. We will need road access to deliver and collect the bin. Locating your skip bin close to the area that is being renovated seems like the most obvious thing to do. We do advise customers that placement on the footpath or road or can lead to others loading their own waste in your bin. You may also need to check with your local council for permission.
- Tightly pack your waste into the skip and fill it up to the marked “Fill” line. If you overfill the bin, we will be unable to accept the waste that is above the fill line and this is not convenient for anyone.
Still need help with your renovation skip bin hire?
To avoid any issues, we can help you decide what size of skip bin would be most suitable for the size of your home renovation waste. We can schedule the delivery, and the skip bin will arrive on the designated day. Once the bins are full, we will collect the skip and deal with the waste for you. If you have any further questions please check out our FAQ section.